Do It Yourself Tips For Fixing & Maintaining Your Appliances
DIY appliance repair can sometimes be very easy or can become very difficult. Whether it is Refrigerator Repair, Dryer Repair, Washer Repair or Stove Oven Range Repair. Here are a few helpful tips in trying to do your own appliance repair.
If you have no success, please contact a Central Ohio Appliance Repairman for assistance. Central Ohio Appliance Repair is a Family Owned and Operated Business, helping with Columbus appliance repair since 1975.
We provide appliance repair of most major brands including Whirlpool, Kenmore, Kitchenaid, Maytag, GE, Frigidaire, Samsung, Amana, Westinghouse, RCA, LG Appliances and more. You may ask for a repairman, but when you call Central Ohio Appliance Repair you get a technician.
- Always make sure the condenser coils (underneath or behind the refrigerator) are clean and unrestricted
- Try not to block the fan vents in the freezer and refrigerator sections
- Make sure all doors are sealing properly
- If trying to remove any frost DO NOT use any sharp objects
- Make sure the vent hose is not kinked or restricted
- Make sure the vent outlet on the outside of the house is clear
- Clean out the lint trap before every load
- Keep the area around the dryer clear of any flammable
Washer / Washing Machine
- Make sure the drain hose is at least 30” above floor level and not kinked for proper drainage
- Check water supply hoses for cracks or leaks
- Make sure all loads are evenly distributed in the tub
- If leaving the home for vacation or an extended period of time, it is always a good idea to turn the water off to the washer in the event of any water leaks
Range Stove Oven
- Do not use oven cleaners on self cleaning ovens
- Do not force the oven door open while in the self cleaning mode, it will release once the temperature has dropped
- Keep grease build up from occurring
- Use proper cleaner when cleaning smooth top ranges
Our operators are standing by our technicians are ready to help you with all your washer, dryer, refrigerator and stove needs
We provide appliance repair service in Columbus Ohio and surrounding suburbs such as Dublin, Hilliard, Gahanna, Grove City, Westerville, Gahanna, and New Albany. Refer to our list of locations to the right for the office number for your town. Call us for fast, quality, service provided by a professionally trained technician.